- 74 sites in 37 counties
- 2,435 children reached 50% attendance with an additional 637 served
- 74% eligible for free and reduced price meals
- 25% of children served had IEPs (Individual Educational Plans)
- 11% of children served were from racial/ethnic minority groups
- 20,028 books distributed to take home
- Significant increases in letter-word identification, reading fluency, passage comprehension and broad reading.
- 63% of children maintained or increased reading achievement in broad reading achievement.
- The average child increased 1.9 months in broad reading achievement.
- 139,520 meals served to children participating in the program
- 20,292 meals served to other community youth
Download 2014 Energy Express Accomplishment Sheet Here
- 56,538 volunteer hours were contributed statewide.
- Average contribution of 764 volunteer hours per site
- 468 college students and community members were engaged in service as AmeriCorps members
- 3,024 family and community members served as volunteers
- Average of 42 volunteers per site