- 71 sites in 34 counties
- 2,075 children reached 50% attendance with an additional 570 served
- 71% eligible for free and reduced price meals
- 17% of children served had IEPs (Individual Educational Plans)
- 13% of children served were from racial/ethnic minority groups
- 17,976 books distributed to take home
- Significant increases in letter-word identification, reading fluency, passage comprehension and broad reading.
- 74% of children maintained or increased reading achievement in broad reading achievement.
- The average child increased 2.8 months in broad reading achievement.
- 92,928 meals served to children participating in the program
- 17,976 meals served to other community youth
Download 2015 Energy Express Accomplishment Sheet Here
- 52,703 volunteer hours were contributed statewide.
- Average contribution of 742 volunteer hours per site
- 436 college students and community members were engaged in service as AmeriCorps members
- 3,106 family and community members served as volunteers
- Average of 43 volunteers per site