- 71 sites in 37 counties
- 2,527 children reached 50% attendance with an additional 607 served
- 73% eligible for free and reduced price meals
- 23% of children served had IEPs (Individual Educational Plans)
- 20% of children served were from racial/ethnic minority groups
- 19,044 books distributed to take home
- Significant increases in letter-word identification, reading fluency, passage comprehension and broad reading.
- 77% of children maintained or increased reading achievement in broad reading achievement.
- 121,338 meals served to children participating in the program
- 9,378 meals served to other community youth
Download 2013 Energy Express Accomplishment Sheet Here
- 76,154 volunteer hours were contributed statewide.
- Average contribution of 1072 volunteer hours per site
- 470 college students and community members were engaged in service as AmeriCorps members
- 3,323 family and community members served as volunteers
- Average of 47 volunteers per site